After following Daniel's advice and muddling through the very useful
shorturls.redwerks.org, I'm getting close... my previous short URLs
don't work, though.  For example,
http://www.mattselznick.com/thehumanitycontinuum/wiki/Special:SpecialPages
results in a 404.  However,
http://www.mattselznick.com/thehumanitycontinuum/wiki/index.php?title=Special:SpecialPages
DOES work.

Thoughts / guidance on getting me this last yard would be much appreciated...!