On 23 May 2014, at 17:24, Ad Strack van Schijndel
<ad.strackvanschijn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When the url is entered directly between the rss-tags all goes well. It seems
> impossible however to get the url from a parameter in a template, because the
> url is always turned into a link, which the RSS extension handle.
>
> So
> <rss>http://rss.cnn.com/rss/edition.rss</rss>
> does work, but
> <rss>{{{RSS url|}}}</rss>
> with the same url as value of the parameter does not.
>
> Is there a solution for this problem that I am overlooking?
>
> Thanks,
> Ad

To avoid ambiguity with wikitext or unintended side-effects in general, values
of <something> are never parsed as wikitext. In most cases this is intentional
as they often tag some custom syntax or literal value.

If you want it to be processed as wikitext, use {{#tag: something | {{{expanded
wikitext|with defaults}}} }}.[1]

— Krinkle

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words#Miscellaneous