Platform is CentOS.

MW version 1.20.2
PHP 5.4.29 (apache2handler)
MySQL 5.5.37

I want to upgrade (long overdue) to MW 1.22.7 .

Backed up the files and DB.  did "php update.php" returns no errors.

I didn't upgrade the extensions because I have lots of them, and have found
this the hardest part of upgrades.  (I guess I was hoping they would work).

Reloaded existing (old) LocalSettings.php

All the above done from command line.

Result: blank wiki.  My thinking (funny how writing this out causes a better
thought process) is that my old extensions are causing the problem(s).

I think I should try to delete extensions from LocalSettings.php and see how
that improves the situation.  I believe however I have extensions that possibly
have not been updated and I'll be missing some extension functions I was
relying on.
Yet I'll be happy to have the ability to add new ones (a bit of work for sure).

My main objective is to get Semantic Wiki folded into the mix.

Any comments quite welcome, and thank you for any help in advance.

(PS. I'm able to revert to old setup due to careful backups of files.
update.php update
for 1.22.7 doesn't seem to harm the reversion to 1.20.2).

Also, so much work has been done on 1.20.2 that I'm loathe to lose the
extensions that were part of that work, if they're out of date with 1.22.7 .

--
Rob Lingelbach  http://rob.colorist.org
http://colorist.org   r...@colorist.org