I've seen Unison <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/> mentioned
frequently in the same breath as rsync. I'm much more familiar with rsync
myself.

Check me on this, but I think rsync is a one-way sync tool. Seems to me
that's not going to work out to keep multiple wiki nodes in sync unless
only one is writable and the rest are just read-only mirrors. Unison is, I
believe, bi-directional. This is going to matter to you if each wiki node
has the ability to save uploaded files.

Bi-directional syncing has its issues when merge conflicts arise. Someone
uploads a file by the exact same name to two different nodes at exactly the
same time. Unlikely? Yes. But if it happens, Unison's going to create some
kind of merge conflict.

Larry Silverman
Chief Technology Officer
TrackAbout, Inc.