InstantCommons is a feature for MediaWiki 1.16+ that allows any MediaWiki
installation to use media on the Wikimedia Commons. This has basically been
realized via $wgForeignFileRepos. See <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:
$wgForeignFileRepos>. If you're only looking to use images from Wikimedia
Commons and no other wikis, you can use the shortcut setting
$wgUseInstantCommons to true.