The HTML format dumps (not yet ready but soon, I promise!) may not be
sufficient for stand-alone use, but a simple wrapper unrelated to MediaWiki
ought to be able to serve them up with basic navigation; you'd still have
to deal with searches somehow but that's true for any static HTML dump.  Or
am I misunderstanding folks' needs here?

Ariel