After a reinstall of my Debian 8 I'm having great difficulties in
getting my own mediawiki instance (just available as a local instance
and not web serving) working.

Can anyone tell me please what Debian packages I need to install that
will allow me to use mariadb with a downloaded mediawiki.tar.gz.

Currently http://localhost/wiki/ is showing this text -

 * This is the main web entry point for MediaWiki.
 *
 * If you are reading this in your web browser, your server is probably
 * not configured correctly to run PHP applications!

My ultimate aim is to be able to get a backup of my mediawiki website
and then see if I can install it on my local setup.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 8.7, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1