First of all, Mediawiki 1.25 is out of date and has publically known
security vulnerabilities. You should upgrade.

For the error, I would start by checking $wgDBServer. If your db is on the
same host as mediawiki and commandline is working, it could be something
like using network vs local socket. If 'localhost' is not working try
'127.0.0.1' instead (or vice versa)

Beyond that, I would look into if there is anything preventing mediawiki
from talking to the db (e.g. firewall, selinux, etc)

--
bawolff