Heiya Bernhard,

if I understand correctly, do not really know what you mean with default
and advanced profile, this is about this task [0]. This issue is a
pretty big pain in the you know where. Usually you set the default
namespaces to be searched with $wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault while
logged in users may override with their preferences. Currently there is
this issue.

Cheers Karsten