To prevent unauthorized access I may have to ensure that uploaded files are
stored encrypted. Wiki pages themselves are less critical, and may remain in
clear text.
The scenario is a relatively small wiki (30,000 pages, 10,000 files, but only
27 users) on a virtual server where I have full remote root access. The host of
the virtual machine is not under my control.

- Is there any obvious problem that makes this conceptionally impossible?
- Is anybody already doing this or working in that direction?
- What could be viable approaches and what limitations would there be?

I know, it's a rather broad topic. Still, any pointers would be welcome.

Cheers
Stephan