On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 3:58 AM NL <mediawiki....@faiscommechezmoi.org>
wrote:

> I tried to check this.
> phpinfo gave me no info with 'python'.
>
> Ther is many paths in the list and I don't know wich one is to verify.

In all likelihood, the path to python is in the 'PATH' for PHP.  An easy
way to check is to
php -i | grep PATH
And look for '/usr/bin' in the output.

E.g.
NODE_PATH => :/usr/local/lib/npm/lib/node_modules
PATH => /usr/local/lib/npm/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:
*/usr/bin*:/sbin:/bin
$_SERVER['NODE_PATH'] => :/usr/local/lib/npm/lib/node_modules
$_SERVER['PATH'] =>
/usr/local/lib/npm/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

$_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'] =>

The extention is the one which bundled with M.W.; so no need to run
> composer ?

Correct. If you installed by downloading the tarball, you have all the
dependencies you need.

Your issue probably stems from the default Python being used.

Check the version of the default Python interpreter: python --version

List the versions of python available: ls /usr/bin/python*

(As 'root' or using 'sudo') Use update-alternatives to setup system-wide
ability to choose Python interpreter. The one with the *higher* priority
number will become the default.
update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2.7 1
update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python3.6 *2*

Now we can list the choices: update-alternatives --list python

And choose one: update-alternatives --config python

At this point, you should have successfully changed your default Python
interpreter to 3.x

Note: we can also remove a choice if it's no longer an option on the
system: update-alternatives --remove python /usr/bin/python2.7

Now your syntax highlighting should work (using Python3).

~ Greg

eQuality Technology

*Let's work together*

https://equality-tech.com