On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 6:26 PM Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 5:31 PM Sam Reed <re...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> >
> > As per the MediaWiki version lifecycle,[1] I would like to announce the
> > formal end of life (EOL) of MediaWiki 1.34 as of today, Monday November 30,
> > 2020.
> >
> > This means that MediaWiki 1.34 will no longer receive maintenance or
> > security backports. It is therefore strongly discouraged that you continue
> > to use it.
> >
> > It is recommended to upgrade to MediaWiki 1.35, the current Long Term
> > Support (LTS) version which is not due to become EOL until September 2023.
> > The legacy Long Term Support version of MediaWiki, MediaWiki 1.31, is older
> > and downgrading is not supported.
> >
> > MediaWiki 1.35 bumps the required PHP version from 7.2.9 in 1.34 (which is
> > unsupported upstream), to PHP 7.3.19 or later.
>
> CentOS 7 recently bumped PHP to version 7.3.20 when the SCL is
> enabled. CentOS 7 users with SCL enabled should be OK to migrate to
> Mediawiki 1.35.
>
> Also see https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17826.

My bad... I just tested CentOS 7 with SCL in my test environment. The
PHP changes for CentOS 7 with SCL has not landed in production. It is
still providing the down-level version of PHP.

$ php --version
PHP 7.3.11 (cli) (built: Dec 10 2019 16:14:50) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group

You should not upgrade to Mediawiki 1.35.

Jeff