Hi,

On Thu, 2021-01-14 at 07:43 -0700, Marshall Lake wrote:

> I'm running MediaWiki v1.34.2 on Linux Mint v20.1.

For your info, 1.34.2 is an unsupported, outdated, insecure version.
You may want to upgrade for your own safety and the safety of all your
users: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading

> Three or four days ago I began getting emails like below.
> (ImmigrantJohnLakeOfGravesend is my MediaWiki page.)  I've received
> maybe
> 40-50 such messages.  The error type is sometimes different.  And
> occasionally a message seems to be delivered because I receive a
> "real
> looking" response.
>
> Can someone tell me what's going on, and what I can do about it?

Someone registered an account on your MediaWiki installation and they
entered an email address when registering that account.
The mailbox of that email address is full, hence the mail server of
that MediaWiki installation cannot deliver the message, so it reports
"550 Mailbox is full". The mail server does not give up after one
attempt to deliver the message so it regularly tries (and fails) again.

(I don't know what "real looking" is supposed to mean.)

HTH,
andre

--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/