Hi,

On 5/20/21 3:20 PM, Kunal Mehta wrote:
A new #mediawiki channel has been created on irc.libera.chat for
handling MediaWiki support requests and general discussion. The old channel on Freenode still exists and will be maintained at least until we can get all the bots moved, our documentation updated on mediawiki.org, and we see more folks on the Libera channel than the Freenode one. We have a bot bridging both channels so messages to the channel in either IRC network will be seen on the other network.

Supposed "draft" changes to Freenode's policies and recent actions by their staff have pushed us to close our channels their and leave their network entirely.

We still need help with updating all references to point to the Libera Chat channels instead - this work is being tracked as <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T283247>.

And if you need help migrating, please see <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC/Migrating_to_Libera_Chat> or ask on this list.

-- Legoktm