Hi, all,

I just joined the "L" team of volunteers and I can tell you that the
volume of spam mail received to the list is IMMENSE.  Having monitored
spam on other lists and for my former hospital, I'm very familiar with the
subjects and the sender addresses.  Gil and Lorna have done and continue
to do a superb job of weeding out the real mail from the spam; otherwise,
we'd have all been over-whelmed with JUNK.  I'm happy to lend a hand.  :-)
 Every now and then, something slips through - hey, we're only human.
Some of the spammers actually create subject lines that are appropriate
for list content and it takes a discerning eye as well as reviewing
individual messages to separate the good from the bad.

Remember that the vendor and user lists were combined a year or two ago
and we have *all*, at one time or another, benefited from the advice and
help from vendor participation on the L, which is freely and generously
given.  I write this from the perspective of both a user and a vendor; I
was and still am a "user", but am also now employed by a "vendor" - talk
about an identity crisis!  <grin>

Gil has been and will remain "da man", but I'm also here to assist with
issues whenever I'm needed.  Feel free to send messages to me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Julia Carter

To check the status of the meditech-l, visit MTUsers.NET.

For help, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the MTUsers WikiPedia at MTUsers.NET/mwiki