Hi Leslie,

  We piloted the EMR Notes function at one of our facilities.  There
were many issues with the functionality (or lack thereof) that caused us
to discontinue the pilot and not roll it out to all of the MDs.

1. The notes do not autoprint so there needs to be a procees in place to
get the hard copy to the chart. We were able to get that worked out.

2. The note header shows the date and time the note was initially
entered with no indication of when it was signed.  We asked Meditech to
make a custom change for this and they would not.  There is a 5.6
enhancement that will provide this but they would not provide it to us
out of sequence.

Meditech's response:

"There is an enhancement being coded for 5.6 SR0 however to include the
date/time stamp of the e-signature on the note, and this will be
included on the printed version as well.  The DDP this is being coded in
is DDP 3682.  This is an enhancement, so it will need to be delivered as
part of a full ring release update."

The inability to have the sign date/time was the 'dealbreaker' for our
HIM department.

Hope that helps.

Cherity