Stephen -

Try sending an escape code sequence as part of the report header to select
tray 1.  At the report footnotes you need to put it in the escape sequence
to switch back to the default tray.  Our NPR writer is telling me that there
is a knowledge base article for it and gave me the following procedure:

Michael LaForge

To select the paper source (paper tray) within a NPR report, use the
following footnote:

AL PRINT D(27)_"&l#H"^!

The second character within quotes is a lower case L and not a one.  The #
sign

will be replaced with one of the following:

               0 = prints or ejects the current page

               1 = Tray 2

               2 = manual feed, paper

               3 = manual feed, envelope

               4 = Tray 1

               5 = Tray 3

               6 = Envelope Feeder

               7 = auto select

               8 = Tray 4

               20-69 = External Trays

The options above were taken from the common PCL commands for a HP 4000
series printer.

Or another way;

Z program syntax:  Z.switch.tray(A)

Allows the user to print to a designated tray.

Argument A should be equal to the tray identifier.

This program should be called from an AL PRINT footnote.

In addition, the printer tray should be reset by calling it again at  AL
CLOSE.UP.

For example, in a footnote on page 3 of the report enter the following:

AL PRINT %Z.switch.tray(3)

AL CLOSE.UP %Z.switch.tray(1)

The report will print to tray 3 and then resets the printer to print from
tray 1.

 <http://www.columbiamemorial.com>

Michael LaForge
Network Administrator

Columbia Memorial Hospital

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=71+Prospect+Avenue&csz=Hudso
n%2C+NY+12534&country=us> 71 Prospect Avenue
Hudson, NY 12534

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

tel:
fax:

<http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=(518)+828-8030&Email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (518) 828-8030