Since the PCP comes from the physician dictionary, there are many times
when we do not have their PCP built in the dictionary.  While the Family
Provider field does look into the physician dictionary, it is also (at
least for us) a free form field where they can enter the physician's
information if not in the dictionary.  It took some education, but we were
able to train staff to ONLY use that field for physicians not in the
dictionary, and that we should never see both PCP and Family completed.

Jeri Belcher
Financial Planning Analyst II
Sierra View District Hospital
559-791-3916

             "Blitz,
             Elizabeth"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                          To
             Sent by:                  <meditech-l@MTUsers.com>
             meditech-l-bounce                                          cc
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                   Subject
                                       [MEDITECH-L] Family Provider
             08/03/2007 13:25

Hi all, We are a CS 5.5 SR2 site and we are experiencing some issues with
the use of our Provider fields from our end users. We are wondering if any
health care organizations are capturing the FAMILY PROVIDERS and if so,
what exactly this is being used for. Typically the PCP is the Family
provider (I believe). We are contemplating asking our users to stop
utilizing this field, but want to make sure that we are not forgetting an
obvious use of this field (or not that obvious) Thanks! Have a great
weekend. Liz

Liz Blitz

Systems Analyst

RogerWilliamsMedicalCenter

phone: 401-456-6501  fax:401-456-2199

mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.rwmc.org

To check the status of the meditech-l, visit MTUsers.NET

For help, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please visit and add information to the MTUsers WikiPedia at
MTUsers.NET/mwiki

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic26962.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>