I was hoping to get some feedback from other facilities as to who
attaches the modifiers for the LAB department.  Is it a coder in HIM, or
someone in LAB that has B/AR and ABS access?  The reason I ask is that
our HIM director believes that it is taking the coders too long and is
not their responsibility, that it is the LAB's responsibility.

Our Lab director does not see the point in someone in LAB having to
learn how to code and attach the modifiers.  I am also clueless as to
who should or should not be responsible for this.  My opinion is that it
involves coding and should be handled by a coder.  I would appreciate
any and all feedback on this.

We are C/S 55 SR2 and we do use 3M.

Brandon Gauntt

Director - Information Services

Hopkins County Memorial Hospital

903-439-4054 Office

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments
transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and
privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the
intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper
authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and
possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you
have received this information in error, please notify Baylor Health
Care System immediately at 1-866-402-1661 or via e-mail at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baylor Health Care System, its subsidiaries,
and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this
information.

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with
it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information
is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is
addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are
prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly
prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If
you have received this information in error, please notify Baylor Health Care
System immediately at 1-866-402-1661 or via e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baylor
Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all
applicable privileges related to this information.

To check the status of the meditech-l, visit MTUsers.NET

For help, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please visit and add information to the MTUsers WikiPedia at MTUsers.NET/mwiki