Thanks for your suggestions - they were appreciated.  I tried the
changes suggested and I'm still getting the error.  CS     Code now
looks like this:
GET.SORT
""^insurance.order^SORT,
[EMAIL PROTECTED](insurance.order)_.=. "SP."^SORT,
                               1^/ORDER["SP"];
   [EMAIL PROTECTED](insurance.order) [EMAIL PROTECTED]"."^SORT (
'mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"."^SORT' ),
                             insurance.order^/[EMAIL PROTECTED],
   [EMAIL PROTECTED](insurance.order)^LAST'=6 SORT_"SP."^SORT,
                                     LAST+1^/ORDER["SP"]}}
  Any other suggestions?

Thanks & Enjoy your day,
Marge
Application Manager
315-787-4045
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Dio, James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/8/2007 12:21 PM >>>

Hi Marge,
I took a look at this and realized what’s going on. BAR.PAT.ins.order
is a segment, and not a subscript of a segment. The first line is
causing a syntax error (however I believe subsequent lines need to be
changed as well.) The assignment of “”^ins.order would translate to
something like “”^$(B1)BZ[bz]M[“O”,bzIO] which is part of the permanent
patient file (and is the reason Meditech is stopping you with a syntax
error).
I would recommend changing all occurrences of ins.order  to
insurance.order, which is the subscript of the ins.order segment. This
is assuming that you want to loop through the ins.order segment.
Assuming outlook didn’t change anything around; I think the following
might work for you:
GET.SORT
""^insurance.order^SORT,
[EMAIL PROTECTED](insurance.order)_.=. "SP."^SORT,
                               1^/ORDER["SP"];
   [EMAIL PROTECTED](insurance.order) [EMAIL PROTECTED]"."^SORT,
                             insurance.order^/[EMAIL PROTECTED],
   [EMAIL PROTECTED](insurance.order)^LAST'=6 SORT_"SP."^SORT,
                                     LAST+1^/ORDER["SP"]}}
Jim