We recently changed our cart exchange time to 1430 instead of 0700
each day and have seen a significant increase in missing doses. Most are
instances such as a tid (0800,1400,2000) where the 1400 dose was not given
by cart exchange and then they use one of the 3 from the new refill period
for the 1400 dose, which, if they give the 1400 dose on time the next day,
makes them come up short. Also, instances with new daily meds (new admission
or new order) where we send up one dose in the morning, they don't get
around to giving it after cart exchange, and then once again they are short
one the next morning.

      We are seriously considering changing our exchange time back to 0700,
since we just installed

Automed, it means either filling early in the evening and then running one
or more catch-up list to clean things up. We are open 24 hours, but it would
put a burden on the night pharmacist and tech to do this in addition to all
that they already do. How are others handling this type of problem and what
are you doing to prevent these kind of missing doses?

Thanks,

Charlie

Charles Downs PharmD

Washington County Hospital

251 E. Antietam Street

Hagerstown, MD, 21740

301-790-8904

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *****
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system.

To check the status of the meditech-l, visit MTUsers.NET

For help, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please visit and add information to the MTUsers WikiPedia at MTUsers.NET/mwiki