Hi Niels,

thank you for getting the discussion started!
Couple of initial thoughts :

1. I think that ytd-meego uploader/client (2) could interface with the
existing youtube-direct implementation. This will make it attractive for
folks in the community who have already deployed YouTube Direct and want to
use it with MeeGo devices, this page has some examples (scroll to the bottom
of the page) : www.youtube.com/direct . Therefore, form my perspective the
near-term prio of meetube (1) as a replacement/port of youtube-direct is not
clear, unless I misunderstood the purpose of meetube.

2. Wrt the YouTube API itself, we currently have multiple language bindings
(see the list here : http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/code.html), but I'm
not sure if they're adequate for MeeGo developers. The good news is that the
APIs can be accessed using straight REST/HTTP, and this is, in fact, what
ytd-android currently does.

Thanks,
Jarek
www.twitter.com/wjarek