From: Randall Arnold [tex...@ovi.com]
Sent: 13 December 2010 21:43
To: Leeland, Amy L; Foster, Dawn M; Jarkko Moilanen; quim....@nokia.com
Cc: meego-community@meego.com
Subject: Re: [MeeGo-community] Regional MeeGo Networks - guidelines?

----- Original message -----
From: "Leeland, Amy L‎" <amy.l.leel...@intel.com>
To: "Foster, Dawn M‎" <dawn.m.fos...@intel.com>, "Jarkko Moilanen‎"
<jarkko.moila...@hermia.fi>, "quim....@nokia.com‎" <quim....@nokia.com>
cc: "meego-commun...@meego.com‎" <meego-community@meego.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:28:58 -0800

Jarkko,

Thank you for getting this started! This is something that we really need to
put together- by this I mean guidelines for having a MeeGo Summit.

First I would like to propose that there are three types of communities
activities and groups that we should define here:

·         MeeGo local networks should be local communities that are getting
together for meet-ups.

·         MeeGo Summits should be national events that local communities can
put together, and guidelines to have a Summit should be defined by our MeeGo
conference committee along with community members input.

·         MeeGo Conferences will be our only international events that are put
on by MeeGo project- which will happen twice a year May/November.

In regards to your email Jarrko we are currently trying to put together an
advisory board (which will include folks from the Community, Linux foundation,
Nokia and Intel) and it would make sense for you to be on it:). This will be
focused on putting together clear guidelines for the MeeGo Summits, and
possibly an approval process. This is so that we do not confuse people with all
the different community things that we have going on☺.

Can I get back to you tomorrow on some specific suggestions to what I think we
should do for next steps?

Amy Leeland