On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Dave Neary <dne...@maemo.org> wrote:
> I'm also looking forward to seeing & summarising feedback from the
> Dublin conference to help us understand what people want from the early
> stuff. Once we know that we'll have a better idea what to plan.

I would love to run a session with the community (-this time more,
industry oriented?) there, to get live feedback about everything
MeeGo: What people expect us further, how they feel with what's
currently released and essentially any feedback they'd be willing to
give that otherwise did not get through the ether channels.
Ideally I won't be presenting any topics myself, but facilitate the
discussion among the audience, collecting the valuable feedback and
discussion conclusions. Consider this as the "real life suggestion
box" corner.

Come to think of it, maybe we can have some kind of a booth or an
automated kiosk like running throughout the conference so we'd be able
to collect this kind of data throughout the event as well?

> I think it's safe to say that we will once again want hands-on sessions
> (perhaps with a little bit more preparation put into them this time) and
>  workshops to help people get busy on the project & platform.

I'd love to see and contribute to a hands on session to actually dog
food whatever docs we have on developer.meego.com by then. This could
be either a  walk through of creating an app as described here[0], or
have the audience suggest some app ideas they want to have implemented
- or both, and see how the docs help them get there.
The audience will be requested to note anything that is unclear or
find difficult to follow. "Don't be shy to ask". We can collect this
input and file content gap bugs accordingly.

For people also interested in authoring documentation and contributing
to its overall quality, I'd like to have a hack fest for
collaboratively working with folks on site to improve the
documentation we have by then. Again using the unique settings to get
things done quickly and efficiently in one or more concentrated
sessions. We prob. need also coordinate this with Forum Nokia and
Intel to see how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

>From the industry POV, I would also love to see technical sessions or
case studies about MeeGo in automotive (including demo apps and
devices around car security) and the medical industries, if this is
applicable by then.

> be interested in figuring out what kind of fun stuff we might want to do
> this time. Bridge building was fun, but they're already pretty good at
> that in San Francisco. Perhaps planning a prison break would be better?
> I hear that the locals could use some help with that ;-)

Cycling around San Fran anybody? Cycling as a sightseeing device? :-D

> Whatever we do, I really liked the formula of collaborative, hands-on,
> with an element of engineering that the bridge competition had.

Hmm mobile + bicycle = ? Hmmm /me needs to think....

Cheers,

-Sivan