Hi,

(CCing meego-events as per previous suggestion)

Randall Arnold wrote:
> I also agree with Dave's original thoughts.  So how about the name "Target"?
>
> Or better yet-- let's associate the exercise with something event-related.
> Instead of just photos, what about a drawing of a Meegon bug (I already have
> a graphic) with the player's head superimposed?  Then call it "Bug Hunt"...

Or how about choosing a different type of activity altogether, one that
doesn't involve stalking other conference attendees?

I really liked werewolf, and we'll doubtless do that as the late-night
activity again.

For the daytime team-building stuff I have 2/3 ideas, and I just need to
put together a requirements list & get materials arranged - for those
missing Makers Faire to go to the warm-up weekend, you will have
something to keep you happy!

We can perhaps facilitate some tours - Alcatraz is nice, I hear. And I
can vouch for the bike the bridge tour - and anyone looking for even
more vigorous exercise might want to try the mountain bike trails in
Marin, or even a day out in Muir Woods among giant trees. And a morning
run around Chrissy Field & Fort Mason could be fun for the sporty types
among us.

For those less athletically or touristically inclined, we're slowly
lining up some really interesting sessions... I've so far heard requests
for a full day of Qt/QtQuick/QML tutorials, a full day (or perhaps even
2) workshop on getting MeeGo for ARM going on some hardware like the
Pandaboard or the recently announced ST Ericsson Snowball. People really
liked the half-day session on Linux developer tools last time, and would
like a full day session on it this time around.

In addition, Andrea was interested in co-ordinating some
hackfest/brainstorming type activities for application developers, we
could maybe have a session on getting started with OBS, get some
usability & design people to run a design thinking workshop on building
apps for tablet users, etc.

The possibilities are endless! In fact, we have too much choice here -
I'd prefer to narrow things down & ensure that we have just a small
number of Most Excellent Sessions to maintain a nice energy level in the
workshops. So, given that there are a number of people who agreed with
me that Killer would be a distraction, perhaps we can just drop the
idea, and focus on organising some other types of activities?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Email: dne...@maemo.org