There is a significant difference between using defensive patent pool (OIN, WebM one and etc.), and using patents in offensive in abusive fashion (what Apple and Microsoft are notorious for). I.e. even if Swipe UI is patented, but Nokia doesn't object it to be reimplemented by the community as FOSS that's one situation (think of closed Google's map-reduce and open Apache's Hadoop). But if Nokia will go after those who reimplemented it - that's completely different. So far I didn't see any indication of Nokia's position on this matter.

Regards,

Hillel.