Hi,

ext Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> I guess backporting a lot
> of development that happens in MeeGo to the N900 is not in Nokia's
> plans at the moment.

The N900 is a MeeGo reference platform. This means that MeeGo testing
needs to be done against this hardware. This means that MeeGo needs to
work on the N900. And this is a goal a team coordinated by Nokia is
trying to accomplish already now.

> Although the N900
> already has an awesome OS in Maemo, "official" support for MeeGo on
> the OMAP3 will probably not be done by Nokia. I think the community
> will have to pull down the kernel sources and build them and add in
> any functionality the community thinks is missing themselves to the
> N900 if they want a pure MeeGo release.

A pure MeeGo release (an open source stack from kernel to apps) is
precisely what is expected to come from the MeeGo project (in practice,
a task assumed by a team coordinated by Nokia).

--
Quim Gil
open source advocate