Thanks Austin,

rpm -qa | while read rpm; do rpm -q --changelog $rpm | grep suse.de
> /dev/null && echo $rpm; done
I got 157:112:19 (fedora:intel:suse)

I do NOT think fedora's gcc and yum is good enough also, but provide
both yum and zypper is not a good choice.

在 2010-04-06二的 14:45 +0800,Zhang, Austin写道:
> By your point, what is “correct information” exactly?
>
> The below script and the number are really NOTHING.
>

> Those ‘redhat.com’ are saying ‘MeeGo is derived from fedora’?

I did NOT say that.

> You can also get some ‘suse.de’ or likewise in some other pkgs. Like
> had said, we borrowed some working from other good distro and I
> thought it would happen in the future also,

That's just what I want, smart choice.

> but that doesn’t mean MeeGo is one baby of fedora. If you see those
> changelog more detail, you can also see MeeGo’s patches working for
> many pkgs,

sure, I see MeeGo's patches in every rpms I have ever checked, great
works-:)

>  and in the future, if those patches were accepted into upstream, you
> would not see them in repo/rpm pkgs.

yes, less patch is better.

> Specific for the glibc, we would like to let you know we don’t invent
> a wheel and initially get some good working from fedora and now are
> updating and syncing with x86 optimization branch (for x86 port) of
> glibc upstream.

yes, good job, I want it, do you have any benchmark data?
Intel is the master of X86, I think Intel can do this best.
fedora guys maybe have the same idea-:), but suse and ubuntu do NOT
think so.

> As to what you said ‘correct information’, if you are talking
> something like ‘process’, please don’t hijack this thread. The
> original topic of this thread is about how to get a right development
> environment for meego development and “in some degree” is resolved or
> filed bug on this. Please please don’t try to ‘prove’ it again as:
> MeeGO comes from XXX.

I just show the number I interest, I do NOT want to misleading or hijack
someone-:(
I use fedora, and everything is OK, so I just let others know it,