On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Greg KH <gre...@suse.de> wrote:
>> Naturally all the bugs related to this should be assigned to Nokia
>> instead of Intel. So I fail to understand your argument about Intel
>> doing all the work and all the kernel bugs being assigned to Intel.
>
> I'm saying that Intel is currently the owner of the MeeGo kernel
> package, and that if you create a bug in the meego bugzilla against the
> kernel package, it gets automatically assigned to an Intel developer.
> Hopefully in the future there is a way to handle assigning arm-specific
> kernel bugs to a Nokia person, but I don't see that happening at the
> moment, do you?

Which doesn't actually address the original issue at all: that there
is currently a specific exemption for Intel developers that appears to
give them free passage from undergoing the same process as everyone
else.

The argument can be made (as you seem to be doing) that this is
because the MeeGo kernel team is effectively only Intel people, but
the fact remains that this is not conducive to others outside of Intel
stepping up to the plate and taking a swing.

I think this is stepping far off-track, so I think it's worth
reiterating the original question rather than more back-and-forth over
current ownership: can this be reworded in such a way that it treats
all contributions with the same degree of scrutiny and process,
without note or concern to company affiliation?

> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Best Regards,
Robin Burchell