Hi,

I started downloading the MeeGo 1.0 release, somehow the connection
was cut at around 60MB  (I mean the TCP connection, not my machine´s
broadband connection).

I then tried to look in the html source for the "TOS Agreement" page
to see if the real download URL was hidden there. I couldn´t find it.

So I fired a packet sniffer, trying to grab the real download URL for
the file, couldn´t see it.

It seems to me that the browser sends the click of the TOS agreement
to the server as an http post and the server replies by sendind back
the file.
Am I correct?.

Why all this hassle?. Why do companies have become control freaks?.
Why not follow the KISS philosophy?? ("Keep It Simple, S**opid").

And what is wrong with a good, old-fashioned FTP server in the first
place?. FTP was designed to transfer large binaries and is really
useful when dealing with really big files like cd images and the like,
you know??.

Thoughts? Comments? Expletives?
FC
--
"Los diarios traen sólo dos informaciones que son reales e
indiscutibles: el día, y el precio".