On 03/06/10 14:16, quim....@nokia.com wrote:
GET THE BLOODY THING FIXED!
You did trim the next line where I said "Please :)" ... but OK, that didn't come off - I apologise if my poor attempt at humour offended anyone.

Reggie said that Forum/Mail integration would require more server power and
proposed to wait until the meego.com infra is hosted at OSU OSL.
OK - and wouldn't the early days where we have very little forum traffic be a good time to set this up? With a caveat that if it works too well and gets too heavy it may have to be shutdown until more HW is found?

forum.meego.com is not in OSU OSL yet and this is the main reason why we are
stuck in this forum/mail integration.

PS: yes, you are busy. No, you are not the only one. Yes, it's a good idea to
have some respect for tho work others are doing.
Quim - you know I do.

But we've been asking about this forever - in all the discussions and debates surely the *most important thing* for a distributed community is to ensure good communication.

We currently have "guidelines" to push users away from the -dev mailing list and to not use the -community ml. That means many developers just don't find it easy to get involved in the non-dev discussions.

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."