On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Elena Reshetova <elena.reshet...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let me try to answer some questions.
>
> > How can we fit this in TCG MPWG and OMTP TR0/1 specs?
>
> I prefer to speak about the needed properties/features, rather than about
> particular specs unless there is a requirement to satisfy the specs, which I
> am not aware about. So, if we speak about properties, which ones you are
> interested in?
>

> >Consider a use-case where an organization/enterprise would want to deploy
> the mobiles in such a way where services can be openly provisioned and at
> the >same time the policies can be managed in a way that that will take care
> of the rights of all the stakeholders! Does Maemo 6 security have the
> features to >handle this sort of thing?
>
> I think this is exactly in our design, if I understood you thinking
> correctly. Let's consider an example. For example, one stakeholder (like
> manufacturer or operator) wishes to provide a nice service in the form of
> the client, which should be possible to install on a device (openly), but
> which one would provide a service for a small fee. Of course, in such
> scenario we need to protect the client data and integrity on the platform
> even from the user sometimes, protect the user's data, and if we want also,
> to remotely change the policy that this client can or can't access some user
> or manufacturer data. We can provide this.  Our framework has a security
> policy, which can be managed remotely and therefore specially control the
> last part in an easy way.
>
> Do you have in mind a particular use case and risks you wish to protect
> against? I can take that example to explain how it can be done by our
> framework.

Please re-read the use-case again ... you have overly simplified it.
Openness between manufacturer and operator is something else while openness
with third party service providers is something else and then the policy
management between multiple authoritative domains. The third service
provider might not come through the operator's authoritative domain? Here
the rights cannot be managed at operator's cloud alone!

Where does rbac play its role? Credentials ...?

How is verification of resources performed by Aegis or whatever?

How is domain isolation done?

Where does LSM come into use and how is dbus utilized? i see no use of LSM
in this scheme. All what jane said can be done without LSM.

Thanks Elena.

--
Shaz