On 16/06/10 18:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I'm actually talking about the third Qt that is found in the SDK: the
> one that is found inside the sysroot of the cross-compilation. That
> matches the MeeGo device images and is installed as a result of an
> RPM package.
>
> I'm actually asking whether this role should belong to "MeeGo
> community" or if it should belong to "Qt community". Whether that's
> you in either role, I don't think is the question.

The packaging of Qt that goes on the MeeGo devices is, necessarily,
responsibility of the MeeGo distro team, it can't be otherwise.

Since MeeGo is not targeting any single platform, but a number of very
distinct verticals and different processor architectures, it has to be
possible to build the Qt SDK so that it supports all of the different
configurations, with the Qt builds specific to each included. For
example, assuming that the current version of Qt used by MeeGo is 4.6,
as a developer I would like to see a single SDK package for my
development machine, which includes the native Qt 4.6 packages for the
different MeeGo verticals, so that I can select any one of them as a
target and (re)build my application for the given vertical. Since the Qt
team cannot actually build the native Qt packages specific to MeeGo, I
would think it is up to the MeeGo distro team to package the SDK for
MeeGo, but it is responsibility of the Qt team ensure that the SDK can
be build and packaged per the MeeGo requirements.

Tomas