On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 14:33 +0200, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 14:04 +0200, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 15:53 +0300, Carsten Munk wrote:
> > > How it looks, if it works, I don't know, but it should be something
> > > that people can start using to see what is possible regarding Hildon
> > > on stock GTK+ and MeeGo. More like a proof of concept. Hildon version
> > > is 2.2.19.
> >
> > Here[1] are some screen shots of running a GTK+ application
> > (xfce4-about) on MeeGo/Handset. If mcompositor and mdecorator are both
> > running, I'm only getting a blank screen. Disabling one of both gives
> > some results.
> >
> > If anyone has an idea, why the screen goes black, please let me know. Do
> > we need something like run-standalone.sh? When starting the GTK+
> > application, I'm not getting any extra error/warning messages and as
> > soon as I kill it, the black screen goes away and MeeGo reappears.
> >
> > Thoughts? Ideas?
>
> Just one more thing: I tried setting the _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE X property
> of xfce4-about to match that of meegophotos. But the screen is still
> black.
>
> I've used this command:
> xprop -id 0x1800001 -f _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE 32a -set _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE
> "_KDE_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_OVERRIDE, _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL,
> _MEEGOTOUCH_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_MAPPLICATION"

I've now also tried various Qt applications, but with the same result
(black screen). In contrast to GTK+, Qt should be supported out of the
box.

So, what is the secret? How can I start an application and actually see
it on the screen? Are currently only MeeGo-Touch applications supported?
Because stuff like meegophotos, etc. works.

Some input would be very appreciated!

Thanks :)
Conny