Thiago Macieira wrote:
On Wednesday 18. August 2010 22.20.23 Sivan Greenberg wrote:
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Thiago Macieira <thi...@kde.org> wrote:
On Wednesday 18 August 2010 13:10:23 Cláudio Sampaio wrote:
Hi.

I've search through meego's site for "multitouch" and couldn't find
anything relating to its multitouch support.

How multitouch support in Meego relates to that new Multitouch stack to
be released by Canonical? http://lwn.net/Articles/400455/rss  Is it
done differently? Can Meego actually use Canonical's framework?
It's done completely differently. It uses the Qt multitouch and gesture
support only. It's built-in.
So MTF is wrappers around Qt's multi touch and gesture api?

Yes.

What does built-in here means?

It's inside of Qt. It's not provided by an external library.

Follow-on questions: Does Qt's multitouch functionality already work currently on MeeGo? Even though Xorg evdev driver isn't yet capable of detecting multitouch-capable devices (at least from my understanding)?

If multitouch on Qt does already work, how do we tell Qt about our multitouch device, is there some non-default setting that needs to be configured?

Thanks.