On Sep 4, 2010, at 2:09 PM, Carsten Munk wrote:

> 2010/9/4 Randall Arnold <tex...@ovi.com>:
>>

>> Sorry, I forgot to address this: actually the system *does* allow editing.
>> In fact I updated mine already to add another panelist recently (before
>> closure), and I see that the edit function still works now.  Maybe that
>> should be temporarily disabled during consideration, tand then re-enabled
>> when you request consolidations?
>
> If we do request consolidations we'll see how we go about it.
>
> But, eep. Dawn, any reason for the editing still being active?
>
> Best regards,
> Carsten Munk

We decided to let people continue to edit their proposals after
the deadline with the idea that they could make minor tweaks
after submitting - correct typos, add additional information, etc.
This gives the selection committee some leeway to request that
people update proposals if you have questions or something
isn't quite clear in the proposal.

We were pretty clear about the deadline, and any changes made
after the deadline may or may not be considered, since the
program committee has already started the evaluation /
selection process.

Dawn