Dnia 2010-10-21, czw o godzinie 10:03 -0700, Auke Kok pisze:
> On 10/20/10 23:35, Clark, Joel wrote:
> > My comment was relevant to the graphics driver.  I have no idea if there is
> > a dependency for the evdev driver
>
> I couldn't find in the original thread what graphics hardware this is
> for, but in general, non-suid root X only works when kernel-modesetting
> is available.

This is because this thread is not about graphics hardware.
This thread is about input devices autodetection using udev. (Subject)

> Indeed evdev shouldn't be an issue, input drivers should work normally
> for all users if the user is added to the 'video' group or otherwise
> appropriate group to be able to control the console.

They do work normally when detected and configured by X server.
The problem is that X server is unable to detect them using udev if the
server is not running with root privileges.
See opening post for log snippets.