This is more of an initial exploration than a concrete proposal :)

I'll post this to both the opensuse-buildserv...@opensuse.org and meego-dev@meego.com lists.

MeeGo is going to be using the Open Collaboration Services (OCS) API.
  http://www.socialdesktop.org/ocs/
  http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/open-collaboration-services

One of the features of this is to provide feedback and ratings from the device/desktop to the application development team.

MeeGo's community OBS will be used for developers to manage their applications and I was interested in the concept of using the OBS API to support this. The api already provides some rating services so it seems to fit in somewhere.

  https://api.obs.maemo.org/apidocs/#107

As I say, the use-case is something around providing feedback from the application launcher on the device; maybe an on-device popup that allows a star rating, comment etc that is linked back to the appropriate OBS package and team.

So.... does this fit with the intended usage around the 'rating' type services already in the OBS?

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."