On 10/29/10 02:28, Igor Stoppa wrote:
Hi,
On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 09:22 +0100, ext Andrew Flegg wrote:
The lack of information can lead to the
frustration in this thread - especially if there are still mistakes
slipping through (such as #8474).

Let's try to clarify some aspect that seems to be going under the radar.
Here we are dealing also with 3rd party IPs, including - mostly - HW/FW.

While the goal is obviously to be as open as possible, it's a fact hat
some _HW_ companies might get - rightfully - touchy if their data is
published in an uncontrolled way.

There are processes in place to ensure that data is published in a
controlled way, but they take time.

#8474 was a mistake in the sense that it should have not gone public at
all - at least not now. And the following glitch closed-public-closed
was another thing that could have been avoided.

this is a rather misrepresentation of the problem.

bug #8474 is in fact titled:

===
Bug 8474 - [1.2] "org.oFono" service can not be found on Dbus with voicecallhistory issue
===

There is nothing about this bug that should have been private to begin with. The real issue is that information was entered into this bug report that was irrelevant that forced me to reclose the bug (although I still highly object to this bug being closed).

here is the original core content of bug 8474:

===
1.Boot image to home screen. Check the default configuration of
/etc/ofonod/modem.conf [phonesim] section is commented.
2.Launch dialer, the dialog "Fail to connect to org.ofonod.Manager: is ofonod
running?" pops up while ofonod process is running.
3.Uncomment the [phonesim] section and make sure address is 127.0.0.1.
4.Dialer is uable to launcher from quick launch bar.
===

nothing in here that can't be disclosed and doesn't accurately describe the bug to begin with.

This bug should have been filed properly without referencing content that couldn't be disclosed, then the whole discussion would have never happened.

Auke