On 12/01/2010 01:22 PM, joern wrote:
I think xrandr is not the right way, I've found this in archive:
Assuming you want to change the orientation of the application, and not rotate the display (xrandr would be rotating the display) then you need to change the Screen.TopEdge contextkit property.

Before you launch your application, you can use context-provider to provide the Screen.TopEdge property:

$ context-provider
add string Screen.TopEdge

Then once your application is running, you can change the value in the context-provider terminal:
Screen.TopEdge = left
Screen.TopEdge = top

etc.

James

  [MeeGo-dev] Handset UX rotation -- how is it implemented?

It's implemented by applying a 90° rotation on the world transform in the main
QGraphicsView. So the rotation is entirely done by the application.

Remember that it's not just showing the rotated screen, but also showing the
rotation animation. There's no way to do that with the rotation being done
outside of the application.

Any Idea telling the Home-screen-application to rotate?

Regards Jörn