A note regarding dual-booting Nitdroid (*) from Maemo n900
(unfortunately incompatible w/ uboot and therefore meego)
suggests why Meego 1.1 performance and battery life seems
significantly lower when compared to latest production Maemo on n900.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=887394#post887394
Some things you'll notice after installing it on the internal memory:
1. Runs 10 times faster, even faster than a class 8 card.
2. The battery doesn't drain fast. Had it off charger all day playing
games and surfing the internet and got it to only use 40% of the
battery.
3. Pretty good given now you can use it without it draining the battery!

Is there a way a similar "dual boot" technique could be developed to
run Meego 1.1 in a fashion closer to it's intended "product" state --
running on the n900's internal memory? Seems like this would solve
some of the performance (e.g. slow app launch) and battery-life
problems. Note that I'm not complaining, I am absolutely jazzed to be
able to run a recent linux kernel on a hand-held device and
cross-develop with qt-creator and madde; soon enough, I'm sure Meego's
performance on OMAP4-class processors will be better than Maemo's.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: (*): I was looking into http://www.nitdroid.com/  in order to
test/use http://ytd-android.googlecode.com for developing Meego