On 01/28/2011 04:19 PM, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On 1/28/2011 4:04 AM, Carsten Munk wrote:
Hi,

We just noticed we (N900 images) seem to be the only ones using btrfs
on Handset images[1] [2]. When was this change made and is it an
error? If not, why?

Do we have a new default filesystem for the default configuration?

MeeGo's default filesystem is BTRFS (and has been since before MeeGo 1.0)

Unfortunately some hardware adaptation's have a buggy
bootloader-architecture currently and are unable to use BTRFS.
(and somehow making a small /boot that is ext3 with / being btrfs is
hard....)

Well, because of the similar thing with u-boot on N900 we have a vfat partition in our N900 image that contains the content of /boot directory. So there is at least an example how it can be done on .ks level, of course for images that are used as installer this does not make difference to the resulting system.

http://meego.gitorious.com/meego-os-base/image-configurations/blobs/master/handset/handset-armv7l-n900.ks

Also it would be nice if those buggy hardware adaptations would be listed so people interested of these things would know what is the problem and could try to fix those.

Regards,
Marko