On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 00:25 -0800, Mathew, JohnX wrote:
> The implementation of traffic counters in
> http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-handset-ux/contextkit-meego/blobs/master/internet/connmanprovider.cpp
>  seems to be using a timer which triggers every 5 secs which is causing power
> management issues.
>
> Also it seems to be giving random values as traffic in and traffic
> out. What is the plan with the implementation of this feature. If it
> is not used can the timer be removed?

This is a dirty hack for which I am guilty.  BMC#3672

We're working on figuring out which contextkit properties we need to
provide and which we don't.  There is a proper way to do this.  If we
choose to provide it, then we'll do it the right way.  If we don't,
we'll remove it.

Cheers

--
Michael Leibowitz <michael.leibow...@intel.com>