Hello,

I work on Firefox Mobile Qt for MeeGo and checked latest MeeGo Tablet 1.2 Release. Since Firefox is a ported software with its own ui framework (XUL) we are in urgend need to open, close, handle all the VKB/InputMethod functionality by hand. Right now, we request the MInputMethod (for Handset Release) and doing all this MeeGo-Touch Releated InputMethod things. (input method events and so on...)

Is there somewhere a description of what needs to be done to get flying with the "Swipe Keyboard"? Is / Will there be a unified way in MeeGo APIs to request a VKB? If there is not yet, I would propose that we use this mail as a base for exactly this discussion since for App Developers who are trying to adopt / port to MeeGo this is
a most essential feature.

Best,

Jeremias