On 3/2/2011 8:09 AM, Mark Constable wrote:
On 03/03/11, Thiago Macieira wrote:
My guess (and it's a guess!) is that we'll see these things
move away when Wayland moves in.
Good to hear. Is there any guesstimate as to when we can start
to see and use a Wayland backend for Qt?

while I'd love to say "it'll be there for 1.3"... in practice I think it'll be the 1.4 release before we see it in widespread use in MeeGo.

What would be the implications for the likes of mutter, mcompositor
and matchbox etc?

Different world; pretty much all of those will be obsolete. Something new will be there (and likely we'll be using pieces of matchbox, but that's TBD)