On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 22:04 +0200, karoliina.t.salmi...@gmail.com wrote:

> >>You're right: before it can be terminated, an alternative needs to come
> >>along.
> >
> > Let's make difference, duicontrolpanel is just an application that is made
> > with
> > MtF UI toolkit ads is many other MeeGo application. Before MtF UI toolkit
> > can be removed, all of them need to be rewritten with Qt Components.
>
> I have been already thinking of duicontrolpanel2 (maybe we can name it
> now properly mxxxx).

If you are thinking of creating a settings/control panel application,
there is already one in the Tablet UX (that I understand will be open
sourced in a 'couple weeks').  It supports loading 'applets' similarly
to how duicontrolpanel did.

That said, there's always need for individual settings applets that do
various things ;).

-Kevron