> Oh and my exchange contact database contains between 80k and 120k people.
that'll take a while...

This extreme example brings up the question: what are the data sets, for
netbook/handset/car-set etc, both for typical average usage and extremes for
the given category? How should we handle exceptions/out of range situations?

And what are the test cases both Tracker and EDF (or any other storage)
should be measured against? Including horizontal use cases of apps (e.g.
building conversation history etc), with constraints on system load, use
time, etc.

Without setting these first, the data storage story will continue to be a
series of bets, trials and failures.
Now we just have another new-old bet (EDF), without setting what we want.
Not that with Tracker we did :).

Then, Philip's questions from below have not been answered yet.

Let's define what we want, create a Meego-standardized test bench, make
measurements, and decide only then about solutions using
EDF/tracker/sqlite/postgresql/graphDB's/whatever. Otherwise decisions alone
will not take us anywhere because we don't know where we want to get.
Stating that tracker sucks doesn't mean EDF won't. It depends on what you're
after. Perhaps you or someone else know, but then please share :).

Regards,
Zoltan