On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Kevron Rees wrote:

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 11:57 -0600, Clark, Joel wrote:
It would be interesting to know if the Cando Multi Touch with the mtev driver
works with the current QT/QML framework derived applications. We have seen
issues with compatibility with QML apps on older single touch drivers with mtev.

regards
Joel

Single touch seems to work okay.  Multi-touch seems a bit broken right
now though.  I'm not sure why.

Here's how I understand the state of things with touchscreen drivers, xorg, and the Cando touchscreen in the Ideapad's:

MeeGo 1.1:

  - 2.6.35 kernel + mtdev driver patch.  The mtdev driver
    would intercept the Cando device, instead of using the
    driver from the vanilla kernel.  There were about 4
    specific devices intercepted/handled by this kernel
    driver.

  - A specific version of xorg-driver-input-mtev
    that is looking for /dev/input/mtev (or something
    like that).

MeeGo 1.1.90.x:

  - 2.6.37 kernel with no special patches

  - Xorg with newer version of xorg-driver-input-mtev
    and a xorg.conf.d file to map the Cando device to
    the Xorg mtev driver.

Getting your wires crossed between the kernel mtdev patch and the Xorg mtev driver will mean no multi-touch (and sometimes no single touch).

I think a non-mtdev-patched 2.6.35 kernel will probably work with the newer Xorg mtev driver (with Xorg.conf.d file). I haven't tried it myself, though.

-gabriel