All, thanks for these informative answers which really help me out!

Marcin Sołtysiak wrote:
Hi,

Crossposting to MeeGo L10N list as well

We recently got some questions from customers upon Chinese localization:
       - does meego well support internationalization?

Yes, Core & netbook is fully internationalized by using Gettext.
Localization team is working with Transifex
(http://meego.transifex.net) tool to maintain .po flies. The Qt .ts
files (for Handset UX) support will be introduced in next Transifex
release (I hope ;) )

       - are there any libraries available helping easily implement Chinese
localization features like Chinese search, sort using Chinese Pinyin?

MeeGoo is using industry standards so though I am not a developer I
believe it contains API you look for.

       - how many efforts it would take, roughly estimating, if implementing
above features in a system level, or just for a specific applications?

Again, core is using gettext - if you want to help up translating
MeeGo visit Transifex page, register and join the team. If you want to
 develop system level software get familiar with Gettext to be able
internationalize it properly
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html). For Qt
based Handset UX directions you may want to have a look at
http://wiki.meego.com/Internationalization to see how you should make
your apps localization aware.