On 04/04/2011 04:51 PM, Stylianou, Costas wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for your responses so far.

The Window of the meego-ux-components has the following behavior:

If you leave the orientation property as it is, the Window will use all
4
orientation as provided by the qApp.
If you set the orientation to a value, e.g. landscape, the Window will
only
respond to landscape and inverted landscape. I did not come up with a
use cases
where a lock to only one orientations is usefull (except on handsets
for the
dialer, maybe).
On clearing of the Property, the Window will again respond to all
changes.

In the Qt 4.7.2 documentation it mentions various Qt API's to lock screen
orientation, will these be implemented MeeGo, i.e., will there be platform
specific code for these?

Qt::WA_LockPortraitOrientation: //Locks the widget to a portrait orientation,
ignoring changes to the display’s orientation with respect to the user//
Qt::WA_LockLandscapeOrientation: //Locks the widget to a landscape orientation,
ignoring changes to the display’s orientation with respect to the user//
Qt::WA_AutoOrientation: //Causes the widget to change orientation whenever the
display changes orientation with respect to the user//

hmm.... this is the first I've heard of this. perhaps a troll can shed light on this.

    --rusty